Skip to Main Content
HomeAbout UsGrantsFormsNewsroomHelpContact Us
Search NIFA
Advanced Search
Browse by Subject
Agricultural Systems
Animals & Animal Products
Biotechnology & Genomics
Economics & Commerce
Environment & Natural Resources
Families, Youth & Communities
Food, Nutrition & Health
Pest Management
Plants & Plant Products
Technology & Engineering



Where to find up-to-date information on drought resources and activities

Cooperative Extension is a partnership between the federal government (through the USDA National Institute of Food and Agriculture), state governments (through land-grant universities), and local governments.

At least 22 state cooperative extension services have developed website clearinghouses for drought-related information. Citizens can find their state's page, USDA information, and other resources at the Extension Disaster Education Network website. A national eXtension drought resources page has also been created to serve agricultural producers and the general public.  In addition, every state in the nation has an Extension office located with its land-grant university and a network of county or regional offices. These offices are staffed by experts who provide useful, practical, and research-based information to agricultural producers, small business owners, youth, consumers, and others in rural areas and communities of all sizes.



USDA is an equal opportunity provider, employer, and lender. To file a complaint of discrimination, write: USDA, Director, Office of Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Ave., S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410 or call (800) 795-3272(voice), or (202) 720-6382 (TDD).