for Action Planning
Childhood Obesity Prevention (Healthy Weight and Healthy Lifestyle)
- Sustained efforts in research and intervention. Phased
efforts may provide more meaningful results and change.
- Community-based multidimensional efforts of share responsibility.
- High-quality interventions that achieve impacts receive
more visibility and resources for replication.
- Professional preparation at all levels, formal, informal,
and continuing education; emphasize the need for a research/practitioner
model to effectively deal with this issue.
- The Land-Grant University System and its partners to identify
gaps in research, education, and extension efforts and reorient
priorities to these areas.
Back to Obesity & Healthy Weight Home Page