Programs of Distinction Submission Information
Programs of Distinction submission forms and manuscripts must be submitted electronically to the Division of Youth & 4-H at NIFA/USDA. Manuscripts then undergo multiple peer reviews. Reviews are consolidated so that reviewer comments and submission status can be returned to the submitter. Please note that manuscripts are rarely accepted upon the first review cycle.
Manuscripts are accepted for peer review on a rolling basis. Allow three months to complete the peer review cycle.
Program of Distinction submitter benefits include:
- Receive detailed feedback about your program from your peers
- Opportunity for program improvement
- Opportunity to improve technical writing skills
- Creates a document from which reports for
funders and policy makers can easily be generated
- National recognition of accepted manuscripts in a national database, in national presentations, and other national level opportunities
- Eligibility of accepted manuscripts for national awards
- Vitae or resume builder
- Provides foundation for developing a professional journal article
Back to Youth Development & 4-H Home Page