Programs of Distinction
Programs of Distinction are peer-reviewed programs that reflect the high quality of Extension youth development programs from across the United States and Territories. Programs of Distinction was created in 2004 by a national 4-H professional development task force. This peer-reviewed process replaced the non-refereed "Programs of Excellence."
All Programs of Distinction contain certain key elements:
- Exhibit strong program development characteristics
- Contribute to the body of knowledge about positive youth development
- Convey new ideas, materials, or innovative methods
- Demonstrate evidence of effectiveness
Learn More about Programs of Distinction:
- Discover a quick Snapshot of the Programs of Distinction by watching an Adobe Connect webinar (5 minutes)
- Gain a complete Overview of the Programs of Distinction by watching an Adobe Connect webinar (20 minutes)
Programs of Distinction are supported by the 4-H system's partners and coordinated through the Division of Youth & 4-H, National Institute of Food and Agriculture (NIFA), at the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA). For more information contact POD@nifa.usda.gov.
Back to Youth Development & 4-H Home Page