Financing Long Term Care: A Resource Center for Families - This Web site offers unbiased, proven information with no financial or long-term care products to sell. It provides up-to-date information on long term care risks, costs, and financing alternatives. A variety of decisionmaking tools is included, such as interactive planning and assessment tools, fact sheets, myths and facts, conversation starters, and an online study. Educators are encouraged to review the introductory video and print materials to learn about potential uses and find marketing tools (PSA's and news releases).
Critical Conversations About Financing Long-Term Care Curriculum
- Complete curriculum is now available for educators to download.
- The curriculum includes:
- Facilitator's Guide
- PowerPoint Slides
- Quiz: Long-term care: Do you know the facts?
- Fact Sheets:
- Long-term care and financial security: Sorting out myths and facts
- Financing long-term care: Alternatives and considerations
- Identifying financial security goals for later life
- Critical conversations about later life financial security: Adult children and later life parents
- Evaluation Tools
Rollout Conference video*, March 2002- Marlene Stum, Family Economics and Gerontology Specialist/Associate Professor, University of Minnesota
Critical Conversations About Financing Long-Term Care (PowerPoint Presentation)
Long-Term Care Insurance: Improving Consumer Education (PowerPoint Presentation)
*To view video, download the free player.
Back to Tools for Educators Home Page