- NIFA Patents, Inventions, and Copyrights Requirements
- Interagency Edison
- 37 CFR 401 - Rights to Inventions Made by Nonprofit Organizations and Small Business Firms under Government Grants, Contracts, and Co-operative Agreements
- 7 CFR 3019.36 - Intangible Property section of Uniform Administrative Requirements For Grants And Agreements With Institutions Of Higher Education, Hospitals, And Other Nonprofit Organizations (which pertains to copyrights, patents, and inventions)
- Rights to inventions made by grantees not covered by 37 CFR 401
- Transfer of rights to inventor
- Requests for extensions
- While one of the purposes of the Bayh-Dole Act is to accelerate the transfer of technology developed from Federal research funding into use, NIFA recognizes that sometimes extensions of time are required to address the specific actions required by the Bayh-Dole Act. Requests for extensions of time may be to NIFA. Requests should document actions taken on the invention and the reason an extension is required.
PVP Reporting into iEdison
For more information, NIFA.
Back to Funding Information