HomeAbout UsGrantsFormsNewsroomHelpContact Us
Search NIFA
Advanced Search
Browse by Subject
Agricultural Systems
Animals & Animal Products
Biotechnology & Genomics
Economics & Commerce
Environment & Natural Resources
Families, Youth & Communities
Food, Nutrition & Health
Pest Management
Plants & Plant Products
Technology & Engineering

Frequently Asked Questions for Communications Staff


Q—Who handles inquiries from Congress?
A—NIFA Advisor for Science Policy and Legislative Affairs

Q—How do I request information using the Freedom of Information Act?
A—Submit requests in writing to:
USDA-REE-ARS Information Staff
5601 Sunnyside Avenue
Building 1, Room 2248
Mail Stop 5128
Beltsville, MD 20705-5128

Q—What are the copyright rules on reproducing USDA or NIFA materials?
A—All information produced by USDA is in the public domain and may be reproduced without permission. Reference to USDA should be in a credit line if its materials are reproduced outside USDA. If a photograph in a USDA publication is copyrighted, anyone wanting to reproduce that photograph must obtain prior permission in writing from USDA’s Office of Photographic Services (202-720-6633).

Q—How can I find out about scheduled NIFA listening sessions?
A—Check the Federal Register and news releases in the Newsroom on the NIFA website.

Q—Who should the media contact about NIFA?
A— Jennifer Martin, NIFA Communications Staff.